[cma-l] DCMS Consultation on Community Radio

Marilyn Hyndman marilyn at northernvisions.org
Fri May 30 16:25:21 BST 2008

Dear Bill,

The 2003 Communications Act is quite clear, it is for community radio
and local digital television services.

You seem to have forgotten that CMA does have a wider membership,
something those of us working in local television always find depressing
when it happens and which we thought was a thing of the past.

We are obviously not able to support you if you are not inclusive...
many organisations working with the moving image lobbied hard for this fund.

Best wishes,
Marilyn

\\

Community radio and local digital television

359Grants to providers

(1)OFCOM may make such grants as they consider appropriate to the
provider of any service of a description of service in relation to which
provision is for the time being in force under section 262.
(2)The Secretary of State may by order provide that OFCOM may also make
such grants as they consider appropriate to the provider of any service
of a description of service in relation to which provision is for the
time being in force under section 244.
(3)A grant made by virtue of this section may be made on such terms and
conditions, and shall become repayable to OFCOM in such circumstances,
as may be specified by OFCOM when making the grant.
(4)A person is not—
(a)by reason of the making to him of a grant by virtue of this section, or
(b)by reason of any terms or conditions (including any provisions for
repayment) subject to which such a grant is or has been made to him,
to be a disqualified person by virtue of any provision of Schedule 2 to
the 1990 Act in relation to a licence mentioned in subsection (5).
(5)Those licences are—
(a)a licence under Part 1 of the 1990 Act, or under Part 1 of the 1996
Act, which is granted in accordance with any provision made by an order
under section 244 of this Act; and
(b)a licence under Part 3 of the 1990 Act, or under Part 2 of the 1996
Act, which is granted in accordance with any provision made by an order
under section 262 of this Act.
(6)No order is to be made containing provision authorised by this
section unless a draft of the order has been laid before Parliament and
approved by a resolution of each House.

--
Marilyn Hyndman
Northern Visions/NvTv

Tel: 028 9024 5495
Fax: 028 9032 6608

NvTv
Belfast Community Television
Free-to-Air on Channel 62/Freq:799.276MHz
Live on line: www.nvtv.co.uk

www.northernvisions.org