[cma-l] Digital Radio Working Group - we need your views!

Community Media Association cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Mar 13 16:14:06 GMT 2008

FWD:

From: Trevor Lockwood <lockwood at btinternet.com>

Dear All

We have BT's research centre here at Adastral Park in Suffolk - they are
clearly interested in all this - probably wanting us all to support
broadband, and many cities now provide open coverage.

The Nokia mobile phone network now allows you all to listen to
Felixstowe Radio.

Those two systems suggest another framework is possible.

Add to these the growing demand for listen on demand rather than
accepting what's given by streamed radio should we suggest that car
manufacturers just provide an amplifier and speaker and speakers with a
docking station that will accept mobile phones/iPods (easier to make
secure).

Within our homes computers (is that the one we had in the car/our
pocket?)  will begin to control many functions: lights, cookers,
heating, telephone and sound and video services.

This amalgamation of services with one machine handling everything will
face opposition but there's a willing entrepreneur somewhere who will
push that change. It should be recognised.

Trevor Lockwood
Felixstowe Radio