[cma-l] Digital Radio Working Group - we need your views!

Phil Gibbons - BCfm phil at bcfm.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 16:08:18 GMT 2008

HI all,

I was part of the group that met the DCMS, Ofcom and others last week and
have since been talking with Gcapmedia in Bristol. They seemed very
interested in supporting community stations and have done for a long time as
we were talking with them four years ago. They do however still site
'technical difficulties' as the main reason why we can't, at this stage,
have space on the digital platform. We also put up a good argument at the
conference that until rural areas of the UK are covered by the digital
network (whichever this is), it does not suit many community broadcasters.

Phil

Phil Gibbons - Station Manager
phil at bcfm.org.uk

Bristol's only Community radio station - Your voice - Your choice!
93.2fm in Bristol
Online at: www.bcfm.org.uk

0560 1126659 - Office
0787 0467245 - Mobile