[cma-l] Changing Community Radio Key Commitments

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 15:33:35 BST 2008

Dear all, particularly radio stations,

Hopefully you are aware that Ofcom has issued a consultation on how it
might proceed should a station want to amend its Key Commitments within
its licence award.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/regulation_cr/

We would very much like your views on this consultation before we
prepare the CMA response.

Our initial thoughts are that there may be legitimate reasons why a
station might want to change its KCs (changing population in the
community for example) but that there should be no relaxation or
weakening of accountability, community involvement and other rules that
demonstrate community radio's distinctiveness.

We will be preparing a response form for you over the next few days,
please do take time to both let us know your thoughts and to respond to
the consultation itself.

Closing date is 21st July 2008.

Best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities