[cma-l] Precedent

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 14:49:34 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Richard Hilton <Richard.Hilton at bitc.org.uk>

There's also the advice that you shouldn't say anything on air you
wouldn't say to your slightly deaf maiden aunt in the middle of a
market. Might make the output slightly boring but you will sleep at
night!

Interestingly I looked at the website of the station in question and
could find no mention of the libel case or even an apology.  Indeed
they say:-

 " due to a lack of funds, the company has ceased trading, with
immediate effect. Nevertheless, Jcom radio will be back after a short
summer break, under new ownership, with plans to be bigger and better
than ever".

Which is one way of reporting the whole sorry episode. It will be
interesting to see what happens with this station in the long run.

Richard