[cma-l] Precedent

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 13:01:09 BST 2008

Hi Phil

Oh granted of course, this case was a bit of a clanger (all due respect
to those who would have had responsibility for training said youngling)
but who among us haven't had a volunteer stand in front of us and,
despite all evidence to the contrary, have said "I honestly didn't know
that? <blink blink blush>"

There can be a world of difference between an ILR jock who has been
crawling up the greasy pole for years, whose mortgage and kids depend on
their broadcasting within the law, and the guy/gal who puts together a
CR show when they finishes their shift/day at the hospital, PO, local
club, taxi firm, FE college....

As much as we try to put the correct type of fear, based on sound
knowledge of the risks and thorough B/C training, into our programme
makers, as time goes on I'm wondering just how big that gap is, whether
we're actually being complacent about the training ethic seeing
everything right and whether or not some kind of safety net is actually
a good idea....

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any
views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of 209radio Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments,
you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them
to anyone.

error.