[cma-l] Environmental actions in and messages on community media

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 10:49:12 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Julian Mellor <julian at 10radio.org>

Hi Cathy

we have a weekly green show that broadcasts for one hour on Wed
evening, plus a sustainable lifestyle show on some Friday mornings.
Wide range of issues covered from transport, build your own, grow your
own, planning, transition etc etc.  Includes interviews with
campaigners etc across the South West.  Aiming to podcast the shows
once we can work out PPL's archaic licensing rules (i.e. don't talk to
us, talk to the record companies) for the music content.

Our elec bill is horrible as so much equipment (some of which is quite
elderly or which runs the sustaining service) has to be left on all
the time. We have however avoided getting aircon in order to save on
elec.  We've investigated moving to a green electricity supplier, but
not yet made the switch (no particular reason, just not got to that
job on the list of thousands).  As we only rent our premises the
potential to upgrade to our own PV generator is very limited.  Also
done the obvious such as CFLs, insulation etc.

Not yet been involved in any joint projects but we are talking to
growers and others re promotion of locally grown food.

What are you doing/planning?

Julian

--
Direct line: 01984 623 104

10Radio: community radio for the 10 parishes
105.3fm
http://www.10radio.org

West St
Wiveliscombe
Somerset
TA4 2JP

Main tel: 01984 624 137

10Radio CIC
Registered Office: 1 Croft Cottage, West St, Wiveliscombe, Somerset, TA4 2JP
Registered in England and Wales Number: 6004252