[cma-l] New DEMOS report - Democratising Engagement

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 30 14:48:44 BST 2008

Hi

On 30/04/2008, Phil Korbel <phil at radioregen.org> wrote:
> well, as one of the 'shouters' to some degree I'd agree with you
>  Shawn, but I still find it staggering that international research of
>  this sort doesn't mention community media.  At a UK level I'd
>  understand it as we're still quite new [well full time community
>  radio is] - but the international record on this field is off the
>  scale...

This morning I have contacted Demos and Professor Andrea Cornwall who
wrote the report with the view to bringing them more up-to-speed about
the work that we are all doing concerning community engagement.  I'll
report back any useful responses...

>  which is not to say that we shouldn't be shouting all the more!

...And I would advise others to do the same!

>  which reminds me - are we all getting our responses in to the DCLG
>  White Paper consultation?

Which reminds me - how are responses going to the DCMS Consultation on
Community Radio:

http://tinyurl.com/2fn3kw

Closing date is 6 June 2008.

>  best wishes,