[cma-l] Big Lottery Fund BASIS consultation

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Fri Sep 28 11:04:23 BST 2007

Dear all

In the first round of BASIS, the BLF fund for infrastructure
organisations, they chose not to fund (almost as a policy decision)
sectoral bodies (e.g. the CMA, the homelessness umbrella group and
others), putting most of the money through generic local agencies.  We
have no problem with the latter receiving money, but need to make the
case for sectoral bodies, as BLF does not seem to understand that local
agencies are unlikely to have expertise in, for example, broadcasting
policy!

If you can, please go to the BLF survey on where they should put their
money in the next round - media, communications, people having a voice
and umbrella groups!

Survey link is below.  We have already put in the CMA's views, but the
more support the better...

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Qyxrf5X3ZVqm2o4wlQlTtA_3d_3d

Best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Acting Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities