[cma-l] audio file sharing

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Sat Oct 13 17:20:09 BST 2007

Hi Tony

> Hi, just wondered if other community stations have audio
> (interviews/features/psa/non music programmes or music programmes with
> relevant clearance) to share among other stations? Audio would also be
> welcome from hospital radio stations.

This is great idea!

> Ideally a file sharing website could be established with restricted access.
> Hopefully for free provided funding could be found.
>
> Any takers/ideas on how to push this forward?

Yes, the Community Media Association, of course!

> Here's a couple of such sites:
>
> http://www.radio4all.net/
> http://www.prx.org/

Now you can add this one to your list - Getmedia:

http://www.canstream.co.uk/getmedia/

> Kind regards Tony

We've only just launched this media exchange today so it's going to grow
and change in the coming weeks.

For the moment we have five files uploaded - a highly-acclaimed
four-part documentary on international development issues, and an
exclusive scoop from London Huayu Chinese Community Radio.

All content is licenced under the Attribution-Noncommercial-No
Derivative Works 3.0 Unported Creative Commons licence [0] - that means
you are free to copy, distribute and transmit the work as long as you:

- attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor
- do not use this work for commercial purposes
- do not alter, transform, or build upon the work

Community radio stations may apply to the CMA for a username and
password to upload their media files for other stations to rebroadcast
or for individual users to listen to.

The site will also support video and we want community video makers to
submit material to Getmedia too.  We want this archive to build into a
collection of the best content that community media has to offer.

Individual users can subscribe to the podcast feed by pasting this link
into their aggregator application:

http://www.canstream.co.uk/getmedia/audio/rss.xml

If you are a broadcaster then please get in touch for an account with
Getmedia and share the best you have to offer with the world.

If you are a listener then access the content online or download the
audio feed to your iPod or MP3 player.

More about Getmedia in coming weeks and months.

Bill
- -

[0] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/