[cma-l] Northern Ireland Funding news

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 12:25:37 BST 2007

Big Lottery Fund Re-Launches £18 Million Community-Led Programme.

A major funding programme aimed at disadvantaged communities has been
re-launched in Northern Ireland by the Big Lottery Fund.

Two public information events were held in Derry and Belfast, on
September 6 and 13 respectively, to re-launch the Reaching Communities
Northern Ireland programme.

The £18 million fund will continue to support a wide range of projects
that bring changes to people's lives and create stronger communities.
The programme has been reviewed to ensure that Lottery grants are
awarded to projects that best meet the needs of Northern Ireland's
most disadvantaged communities.

Grants of between £100,000 and £500,000 are available for up to five
years for voluntary and community led projects that aim to help local
people achieve their full potential, actively participate in
communities, boost community ownership and improve physical and mental
health.

Breidge Gadd, Big Lottery Fund NI Chair, said:

"The aim of the review of Reaching Communities Northern Ireland was to
make improvements to the programme based on our learning from the
first round of applications. The changes we have made mean that
applicants will now know from the very start what information we
require to assess their project effectively.

"We want to ensure that we make the most effective use of the Lottery
funding available and that we are successfully meeting the programme
outcomes as well as our mission which is to improve communities and
the lives of people most in need."

Source: Big Lottery Fund, 14/09/07