[cma-l] Storm on Jupiter - Live on Soundart Radio

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 12:29:11 BST 2007

Fwd:

From: "Soundart Radio" <soundartradio at dartington.ac.uk>

Dear CMA,

Please can you circulate to other members.  This even got a mention in
Jonathan Cainer's horoscope page in the Daily Mail !

Best wishes

Nell Harrison

\\

Storm on Jupiter - Live on Soundart Radio

A fascinating collaboration between the Arts and Ecology MA students
at Dartington College of Arts near Totnes in Devon and two renowned
sound artists will allow Soundart Radio listeners to tune in live to a
radio storm on Jupiter.

On the evening of Thursday 4th October, the group will assemble and
erect a radio telescope on the Dartington estate.  Jovian radio storms
are predicted between 6pm and 8pm on that evening, and the radio
telescope will attempt to tune in to the radio storm on Jupiter, live
on 20.1 Mhz. This storm will then be relayed to listeners on Soundart
Radio between those times.

Ansuman Biswas writes "The universe and its constituent parts have
been broadcasting non-stop across the radio spectrum for the last
fourteen billion years. Any place in the universe can be a vantage
point from which to taste the currents which flow throughout. The
influence of the planets on those who live on earth has long been
recognised, but many of these supposed influences have lately been
ridiculed in a mainstream science which requires hard, numerical
proof. In the last century, however, scientific instruments have been
developed which can sensitize us to some of the extremely subtle
influences of the planets in our immediate environment."

Nell Harrison, co-founder of Soundart Radio, says, "We really have no
idea what to expect during the broadcast, but we do expect to be
intrigued.  Eavesdropping on Jupiter live on local radio must be
first".  Tune in on campus on 87.7fm or via the internet on
http://www.myspace.com/soundartfm

Soundart Radio is an arts-based student radio station for Dartington
College of Arts.  We are working towards expanding this service into
the Totnes area and beyond.  We are not-for-profit and invite you to
get involved.