[cma-l] Query re: charges for 'transmitter/mast siting'

Steven Suttie stevensuttie at aol.com
Wed Dec 19 15:11:57 GMT 2007

Dear Ian,

We pay Salford City Council £1 per year peppercorn rent which is
guaranteed for the 5 year operation of Salford City Radio.

We had to pay for the planning application, various risk assessments and
also for an electricity supply to be installed upto the rooftop. We did
have to get the permission of the mobile companies, Orange, 02 and
Vodafone whose transmitters were already on site - who each pay £30,000
per annum for the location. Apparently, this is just a formality.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards

Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City Radio
0161 793 2939 (Office) 07772 355852 (Mobile)
CHECK OUT http://www.salfordcityradio.org