[cma-l] Query re: charges for 'transmitter/mast siting'

Ian Perry - Erewash Sound ian.perry at erewashsound.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 08:39:40 GMT 2007

Seasons greetings to all,

Our radio group is currently working on submitting an application for a community radio licence to serve the Derbyshire borough of Erewash.

We have recently been offered the opportunity to site a transmitter and mast, but the landlord, although already siting mobile phone communication masts, is looking for an idea of what costs would potentially apply for a non-profit making community led organisation such as ours - particularly so that it can be listed as applying even though it could be in kind as far as we're concerned.

He is keen to acknowledge the work of our group and what it will set out to achieve, and to therefore dismiss the level of costs levied to major mobile phone operators who are obviously making a very tidy profit from the operation and siting of the masts on the premises.

Could anyone give any indications of what figures are either being paid currently, or have been accounted for in kind as part of set up and ongoing charge costs?

I appreciate that there will be planning issues, which we will tackle separately, but I am keen to be able to advise the prospective landlord of approximate siting and ongoing rental charges for him to assist us further and administer from his end.

With thanks in anticipation,

Ian Perry
Erewash Sound
ian.perry at erewashsound.co.uk