[webcast-l] Future of Community Radio - only 3 days left to respond!

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 14:40:20 BST 2008

+++ Apologies for cross-posting +++

Dear Friends,

The DCMS Consultation on Community Radio deadline is now only 3 days
away.  We urge those of you who have not yet responded to use the form
below to make your voices heard.

As per our draft response to the Consultation which I sent out on Monday:

http://www.commedia.org.uk/policy-and-campaigns/take-action/public-consultations/cma-draft-response-to-dcms-consultation/

shorturl:  http://tinyurl.com/6zd8ad

the CMA will be pushing very hard over the next two years to persuade
the Government that the Community Radio Fund needs to be significantly
increased, and expanded to include other platforms for community media,
in the next Comprehensive Spending Review.

The DCMS Consultation on Community Radio also asks for your views on
using a small part of the Community Radio Fund to support the CMA's
strategic work in sector development to create a fairer and more
sustainable future for community media.

We need you to submit your ideas, thoughts and feedback to DCMS before
the deadline of 6th June (*only three days to go*) using this simple
online form:

http://consult.commedia.org.uk/

Just enter your name and email address, and the community station you
represent (if applicable). Complete the two questions and hit submit. A
copy of your message will automatically be emailed to DCMS, a copy for
yourself and also a copy for the CMA.

Alternatively, email DCMS direct:

Community_Radio at culture.gsi.gov.uk

With best wishes

Jaqui
--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association
15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

t: +44 114 279 5219
w: http://www.commedia.org.uk

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

Access to the media for people and communities