[webcast-l] Re: [CMA] Podcasting in Newham, Brighton, Bristol, or Oxford

Webcasting webcast at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 13:24:30 BST 2007

Hi Steven

Steven Clift wrote:
> I was wondering if any of know of individual podcasters or community media
> outlets that might have ideas about how to generate podcasts in relation to
> the content/purpose of E-Democracy.Org's growing network of local Issues
> Forums in the UK.
>
> See left column:
> http://forums.e-democracy.org
>
> Steven Clift
> E-Democracy.Org

'Possible potential podcasters' and 'nascent neighbourhood newscasters'
should take advantage of the CMA's fantastic deal on podcasting and
webcasting that launches next week under the new brand name of Canstream.

Podcasting with Canstream costs just £30 per month for a massive 5GB
storage space.  You get an easy-to-use interface based on the Loudblog
open source platform which makes podcasting as simple as clicking a few
buttons.  Your dedicated interface automatically generates a skinnable
microsite and an RSS feed for podcasting. Just upload your audio/video
files to our server, add some notes and links and you're done!  Stats on
your most popular downloads are also included.

Canstream also offers a live webcasting service starting at £30 for 50
concurrent listeners and that includes the dedicated support of the
CMA's Technical Team.

Karl Hartland, Station Manager at 209Radio says of the former Internet
Media Service (IMS - now Canstream):

"The CMA's IMS service has been crucial in the development of 209Radio.
It has taken away all the hassle and headache of running your own
streaming service, done away with the need to spend a large lump of
start-up money on getting this technology up and running, all while
giving our listeners a rock-solid live listening experience."

So sign up now for either podcasting or streaming (or both!) with
Canstream - we look forward to hearing from you!

Bill Best
Tel: 0114 279 5219

PS

Sign up for Canstream before the launch on 2nd July and qualify for a
further 5% discount on webcasting for the year!  That's live streaming
or podcasting for only £285 for 12 months - that's £23-75 per month!!!