[webcast-l] canstream WAS Re: [CMA] Intranet broadcasting

Webcasting webcast at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 8 17:35:39 BST 2007

Hi

Steve Suttie wrote:

> And as for a service provider, I strongly recommend planet wide radio who
> are extremely professional and technically great, they had us broadcasting
> online within 2 hours of my original telephone query! And the  prices are
> surprisingly cheap too. (http://www.planetwideradio.com/)

This is a *shameless* plug for "canstream" - the new name for the CMA's
Internet Media Service which launches on 2nd July.

The Internet Media Service has supported over 500 community media
projects since 2001 and we have built up a great deal of in-house
knowledge of the sector and experience of webcasting in this time.

We are community broadcasters ourselves and we know what the buzz of
your first RSL feels like.  We also supported webcasting for some of the
first Access Radio stations.  We have been delivering on-demand media
for our sector before podcasting was even invented (that's before the
heady days of August 2004 if you must know).  And The Showcase media
archive was the first platform for community-generated content before
anybody had ever heard of YouTube (The Showcase launched 2003; YouTube
came along in 2005).  So in internet terms, we have been doing this for
ages!

Our commitment to this sector is second-to-none and our prices will bear
this out.  We have undertaken extensive market research to position
ourselves to benefit the community sector as much as possible and our
tariff starts at £30/month for 50 streams and £30/month for 5GB media
storage for podcasting.  If you book for a year in advance then you get
two months discount i.e. £300 for the year.  And current users of the
streaming service can get a further 5% discount if they book before 2nd
July for the year ahead - this represents excellent value for money and
an unbeatable level of service.

So contact us here at webcast at commedia.org.uk and sign up now for
canstream.

Bill Best