[webcast-l] Community Television/Video - CMA webcasters

Diane Rodgers-Wilson diane.rodgers-wilson at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 24 12:28:52 BST 2005

Dear CMA Webcasters,

As you may be aware, the CMA is collating information about community
television/video (including online) in the UK in order to influence and
inform politicians and other decision-makers in the run up to the
Department of Culture, Media and Sport’s consultation on proposals for a
Local Digital Television Order.

We've had excellent responses to our questionnaire - we'd now really
appreciate input from as many of our webcasters as possible, as what is
happening in terms of online tv/video/film work is important in the
sector and we would like to support the work of yourselves and others
like you by representing your views to the DCMS.

We would be grateful if you could spend 15 minutes when you get chance
on the questionnaire: we’re aiming for many years of community television.

You can link to it directly at:  http://survey.commedia.org.uk/

We hope that you will be able to support this initiative by the CMA and
encourage others to do so. As you will be well aware, television
spectrum is a precious resource which, alongside other platforms, has
the potential to give real benefit to individuals and their communities.

Warm Regards,
--
Diane A. Rodgers-Wilson
Community Media Association