[webcast-l] Chosing software

Ben Edwards ben at serverone.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 17:22:46 GMT 2005

We have managed to stream live events using darkice but are
investigating other solutions.

Muse from dyne.org seemed a almost perfect solution but I cant compile a
stable version and there is not much of a support community.

Have just started looking at videoLAN but have not actually tried it.

What we are looking for is something that can stream OGG and MP3.  We
are streaming both line and files and want something fairly user
friendly.

Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
Web Services, Database Development and general IT services