[webcast-l] [Fwd: Media Server Dreams]

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 10 14:09:00 BST 2004

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Media Server Dreams

From: Station House Media Unit <shmucrew[at]btconnectdot]com>

Hi folks

We are busy building a radio station up here in Aberdeen that will soon
be broad(band)casting local content in lieu of applying for one of the
community radio licences soon to be offered by Ofcom.

We also intend to stream video across a city-wide intranet and have just
been given the task of naming the server setup of our dreams to provide
backbone support for the whole initiative

Linux as hub is important to us as we intend to eventually roll it out
pre-installed on machines that we offer to community media content
producers ... in search of a field without gates ;o)

Does anyone want to dream along with us and suggest configurations to
die for in back office, and AV media streaming servers, with
considerable flexibility and upgradability integral as our (eventual)
maximum reach would be to a few thousand homes

Best wishes

Mark Lawton

Station House Media Unit
Station Rd.