[CMA TV] ACTO - COMMUNITY RADIO CAMPAIGN FOR LOCAL TV

Dave Rushton local.tv at virgin.net
Mon Jan 9 14:16:16 GMT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

The COMMUNITY RADIO CAMPAIGN FOR LOCAL TV launches in two weeks.

To supplement its Petition the CAMPAIGN FOR LOCAL TV is being provided
ten x 8-15 minute radio interviews with authors appearing at the August
2005 Edinburgh International Book Festival. Covering Irish literature,
the Indian consciousness in a global world, the indefensible might of
The Corporation, the novel in Eastern Europe the Viking sagas and Local
Television (oh yes!) these interviews are free to broadcast on
community radio.

Leith FM has been airing these interviews over Christmas and New Year
and the viewer response has been ..... Fantastic - 'I loved the
interviews' wrote the station coordinator. One viewer even emailed the
station ..... 'It's 4.00pm on 29 Dec 2005 and I am listening to the
best interview on LeithFM .... Who is the American guy and who is the
interviewer. I want to buy his book. Great stuff. Electra'

Now here's the deal - together with the 140 minutes of interviews there
is a short commercial promoting the Campaign for Local TV which ACTO,
the Institute of Local Television and The Broadcasting Trust are
supporting: all we would like you to do is air the commercial when you
transmit an interview and possibly and if appropriate to interview a
Campaign for Local TV activist who is campaigning for Local TV your
area.

If you are on-air and would like these Interview CDs together with the
Campaign for Local TV commercial please email local.tv at virgin.net with
your address and mark the email 'CDs'.

With best wishes,

Dave Rushton