[Community Television] Nations & Regions Conference - CMA Members Special Offer (Modified by Michelle McGuire)

David Thorley D.A.Thorley at salford.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 14:43:14 BST 2004

2004 Nations and Regions Conference
12.11.04
Organised by Salford University

+++ CMA Members Special Offer - £20 registration +++

You are cordially invited to attend the 12th Annual Nations and Regions
Conference, Friday November 12th at the Filmworks, Manchester.

This year we are celebrating what the Nations and Regions have achieved
and exploring how we can build on our successes to take advantage of
new opportunities.

Sessions include ‘How To Launch A Local Channel’, with Andy Griffee,
BBC, Mark Dodson, Channel M, Gary Porter, Channel 9 and Jacques de
Suze, CHUMTV Toronto.

 It will be a chance to meet key contacts in the industry such as
commissioners, heavyweight executives and programme makers, and
well-known performers. This year’s conference will tackle serious
issues that we all face in an entertaining and informative way.

Chaired by Conor Dignam, Editor, Broadcast Magazine, speakers include
Phil Redmond, Jana Bennett, Simon Shaps and Steve Hewlett.

Sessions include two major debates, The Future for the Regions (looking
at the roles of BBC, ITV and Channel 4) and Interactive Opportunities.
In addition we have break out sessions including  Meet the
Commissioning Editorsfrom BBC and Channel 4, a High Definition
Demonstration, How to Get Started(for entrants), Taggart Celebration,
Who Wants to be a Millionaire(how to raise money and how to make a
million when you sell your company), and How To Launch a Local Channel.

For further information or to book your place, visit www.salford.tv or
call David Thorley 0161 295 6203

David Thorley
Conference Organiser