[Community Television] [Community Media Association] Be seen and be involved when there's money about! (Modified by Michelle McGuire)

Faye Ruck-Nightingale fayer at communitychannel.org
Mon Jul 19 16:49:56 BST 2004

++++ CMA DISCUSSION LIST ++++

re: links with The Community Channel

Dear all

I'm getting in touch following on from the session ‘The Future of Local
and Community Television’ at the CMA Festival in May where a lot of you
asked about linking up with the Community Channel.  There was a clear
passion for community and local television and obviously a lot of work
being done in this area across the UK, which was demonstrated by the
momentum of questions asked!  A lot of people that were at the session
have asked how the Community Channel could support this work (apologies
for sending this to those of you that hadn't asked for the info).
There are two ways in which we could support your work:-

- by showcasing your content on a UK-wide TV channel
- by working with you on future Community Channel programmes

If you're interested in sending us content please get in touch just to
let us know you exist and tell us what type of films / programmes /
projects you've made for TV or plan to make in the future.  We can
feedback and let you know the potential for getting these to air.

Sometimes small amounts of money are available for filming locally, and
if you're interested in working with us on some of our future local
output please send us some info about your organisation.  If you could
contact me with details of your production facilities / people (i.e.
“we have a Final Cut Pro, 2 x PD150 cameras and one trainer”), then we
can keep details on record and try to match you with any future
Community Channel film opportunities.  We'll also consider you for
small commissions – such as filming sequences for existing or future
programmes in your local area.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries – looking
forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Faye
--
Faye Ruck-Nightingale
Community Outreach Editor

www.communitychannel.org
Watch The Community Channel on
Sky 585, Telewest 233, ntl 14 and Freeview 46