[Community Television] Submission for Microwave Event

Michelle McGuire michelle at commedia.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 21:58:49 GMT 2003

Forwarded From: factory at fact.co.uk

--

We are a group of young people called FACTOR. We are based at the FACT
Centre in Liverpool. FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology)
exists to inspire and promote the artistic significance of film, video
and new & emerging media forms. The FACT Centre combines cinemas,
galleries, flexible exhibition spaces as well as a cafe and bar. We
work with FACT to design and organise media-based projects and events
for young people.

In Spring 2004 we are hosting Microwave at the FACT Centre. Microwave
is a programme of screenings and installations chosen by us and
produced by young people. We would like to invite anyone who is aged 23
or under to submit a short moving image piece which can range from film
to web-based work. We will select our favourite and screen them during
Microwave.

Useful information:

+ The categories for work are Animation, Experimental, Documentary,
Drama
+ Entries must be no more than 15 minutes long
+ Entries must be submitted on VHS, Mini DV, CD or DVD
+ Entries can be submitted by a team
+ There is no fee for submitting entries
+ The deadline for entries is Friday 30th January 2004

Please pass on these details to any pupils or young people who you
think may be interested in Microwave. We can be contacted via our
email, factory at fact.co.uk or you can email Angharad Williams via
williams at fact.co.uk or phone 0151 707 4410 for more information.

Regards,

FACTORY team