[comradio-l] One last reminder for CMA Council nominations

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 6 18:21:07 BST 2014

Dear CMA member

This is a *final reminder* regarding this years CMA AGM.

Please note if you wish to stand for CMA Council we need to receive your
nomination here at the CMA office no later than *12:00 noon Monday 9th June
2014*.

We have five Council members re-standing and* five places open* - and we
currently have *five *potential names in the ring for election. This could
be the most *exciting *CMA Council election in recent memory! If you are
considering joining a *refreshed *and *re-invigorated* CMA Council then
don't delay: *seize the day* and send us your name quick!

==========
Invitation to the Community Media Association's 30th Annual General Meeting.

The meeting will take place Saturday 14th June 2014 from 10.30am – 11.15am
at Hugh Aston Building, De Montfort University, The Newarke, Leicester LE2
7BQ.

Please note there is no charge for attending the AGM. Please note that this
is the AGM for the year 2013.

To register for the AGM only please email agm at commedia.org.uk - AGM
attendance does not include Conference admission for which there is a small
charge.

Please download the AGM Agenda and Council Nomination and Proxy Voting
forms here:

http://www.commedia.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/CMA_AGM_2013.zip

If you would like to stand for the CMA Council, please could you complete
the relevant form and if possible get another member to countersign it, and
return to us at The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX no
later than *12:00 noon Monday 9th June 2014*.

If you would like more information on the CMA Council and the role of
Council members please do not hesitate to contact us.  There are
*currently10 places available* for Council in this year's election.

If you cannot attend the AGM but would like your vote registered, please
complete the Proxy form and return it to us, saying who you would like to
place your vote.  If you are unsure, you can nominate the Chair of Council,
Dom Chambers, to vote on your behalf.

It will be followed by the CMA Conference at the same venue for which there
is a small charge to attend.

For more details on how to book for the conference please go to:

http://www.commedia.org.uk/events-training/conference-2014-agm/

We have a *fantastic* Conference this year and our Chair, Dom Chambers, has
listened to members' feedback and has worked with CMA staff to put together
an *exciting* programme that reflects members' views - as shown by the
sessions we have on:

   - Local television
   - Citizen journalism
   - The BBC Community Reporters Day
   - Fund-raising
   - An update from CMA staff and the Chair

We have a *superlative* key-note speaker, Paul Robinson from the Radio
Academy <http://www.radioacademy.org/>. We have an announcement of an
*exclusive* CMA members' deal from our sponsors, Broadcast Warehouse
<http://www.broadcastwarehouse.com/>. There will also be trade exhibitions
from PSquared <http://www.psquared.net/> and Clyde Broadcast
<http://www.ppluk.com/>.

We will also have a *live broadcast* from the Conference by Takeover Radio
<http://www.takeoverradio.co.uk/>. And don't forget the *excellent*
networking and general chin-wagging opportunities with your fellow CMA
members - if we added any more to the programme, we would have to stretch
the Conference over another day!

Get your discount tickets now - CMA members use the discount code "
*victor14*" to get a free volunteer place.

http://2014cmaconf.eventbrite.co.uk/

And we'll see you in Leicester next week!

All the best for now

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/