[comradio-l] CMA Council election 2014

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 18:51:51 BST 2014

*To CMA Members*

The CMA is looking forward to welcoming many of our members to what I
believe is a truly members led conference in Leicester on *Saturday 14th
June*. Beforehand we have the AGM and the annual election to Council. This
year we have 10 of the 15 seats up for election. 5 of these are existing
council members seeking re-election.

We have been fortunate that our Council this year has been particularly
strong and this is having a positive effect on the development of the CMA.
Looking ahead I am keen to build on this and hope for a Council of diverse
and prodigious talent. It should be composed of representatives across the
community media spectrum.

Whilst welcoming all interest I am particularly keen to hear from anyone
with knowledge or expertise in fund-raising, HR, finance, legal and
governance. I am also keen to hear from anyone willing to represent members
interests outside of England. Ultimately anyone who has a little time to
give the CMA and who shares that passion for community media and how our
sector develops should consider putting themselves forward.

I’ll happily talk to anyone who is interested if they would like to know
more about it. Meanwhile anyone considering standing for Council should be
proposed and seconded to either Bill Best or myself *by 12 noon on Monday
9th June*.

You may download the AGM Agenda, Council Nomination and Proxy Voting forms
here
<http://www.commedia.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/CMA_AGM_2013.zip>.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

[image: Dom 1]