[comradio-l] [cma-l] Digital Broadcasting: Radio Culture Mediaand Sport

Clive Glover clive.glover at lineone.net
Tue Nov 26 14:30:48 GMT 2013

Of course the real aim has been for the big commercial stations to have equality with the BBC national stations.

I remember some years ago asking a very senior BBC manager if they would really switch off R1 or R2 on FM, potentially loosing millions of listeners and he looked at me as if I was mad even asking. And can you imagine the fuss if the Archers was suddenly only available on DAB?

I don't think the BBC will actually turn off their FM services in the foreseeable future...

Clive Glover