[comradio-l] special circumstances - planning permission for antenna

Norman Polden haymere at uwclub.net
Thu Sep 4 15:06:54 BST 2008

Flame CCR has been offered a CR licence by Ofcom (December 2007) for
broadcasting to Wirral.

Because we are offered a MW frequency we are asking permission to put a 25
metre guyed pole (2 inch diameter) in a field away from dwellings and
broadcast at 40 watts on 1521 kHz. After waiting for 6 months our Planning
Application goes before the local borough planning committee on 18th
September. In our application we were told to identify the "special
circumstances" as to why we need to put our MW antenna in our chosen site -
we did this.

I now have the opportunity of explaining our need to the planning committee
and am checking that we are mentioning all of the "special circumstances"
that planning people recognise and accept.

Has anyone in this group done a planning application for an antenna (FM or
MW) in the past couple of years and if so what "special circumstances" were
quoted and were you successful; or does anyone have experience of reasons
why an application was rejected.

If anyone knows of a planning application we can find on the internet, or
standard guidance notes, that also would be appreciated.

I need a response by 15th September, please.

Regards,

Norman Polden, Station Manager of Flame CCR www.flameccr.org.uk

>>> click on www.flameccr.org.uk and listen to "Flame on the Web"
(in Internet Explorer) whilst answering your e-mails

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 1681 spam emails to date.