[comradio-l] [cma-l] BBC Locals to remove 'Radio'

Steven Suttie Stevensuttie at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 13:52:46 GMT 2008

How about BBC local radio keeps its existing livery - and the licence
payers cash that is being laundered on this ridiculous initiative
gets shared out among the community stations?

I'm sure its going to cost a fortune for Aunty to pay for new
letterheads, pens, mousemats, t shirts, cups, stickers, dj
photocards and blah  blah at every single local station. More, I'd
think than the DCMS annual £550,000 for community radio. I'd be
intrigued to learn  the actual budget available for this
incredible waste of the BBC's free  money.

No doubt this debate will rage on and on - but regardless of Jonathon
Ross' salary et al - the corporation are taking the Michael!

And it hurts when community radio as a sector still isn't getting a look
in at any decent funding.

But I'm not bitter!

Kindest  Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City  Radio
office 0161 793 2939 / mobile 07772 355  852
Brand New Website: http://www.salfordcityradio.org/listen.asx