[CMA R] South Yorkshire and the Humber - Community Radio Licensing Round 2

Phil Gibbons - BCfm phil at bcfm.org.uk
Wed Dec 20 17:35:02 GMT 2006

The order of regions for the second round of licensing surprises me a bit as
well as annoys me. We in Bristol had to wait Sixteen months for Ofcom to
make a decision in this part of the country and we were one of the last to
be announced. Why then is the South West the first in the second round to be
up for grabs? We will be on air in April, but will not have a fair time to
secure funding, build up a good on air presence and start to achieve our key
objectives if Ofcom licence another Community station in Bristol within a
month or so! Is anybody else in the same situation?

Phil Gibbons
Bristol Community fm
www.bcfm.org.uk