[Community Radio] Getting the money in! (Modified by Michelle McGuire)

Diane Reid diane.reid at commedia.org.uk
Fri Jul 23 12:23:59 BST 2004

Despite lobbying by the CMA and its members, the CRO has imposed
restrictions on raising money by conventional advertising and
sponsorship - but we in Community Media are a determined and creative
lot and have other  ideas for raising money. So let's share them:
together we are stronger.
For example, while programme sponsorship and remunerated advertising is
not possible or limited, station sponsorship and website sponsorship is
possible, also free advertising. Send your ideas to this list so that
everyone can benefit. We'll be collecting them for the website.
(You probably won't need reminding  that ideas for more conventional
grant-based fundraising can be found at
http://www.commedia.org.uk/funding.htm  and under 'funding resources'
in the members' section.)
Diane