[CMA_Radioforum] next meeting of access radio forum

Nicky Edmonds nicky at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 27 18:08:20 BST 2002

Hello everyone,

I am planning the next meeting of the access radio forum for the week
beginning July 22nd. Would any of you like to volunteer to host the meeting,
so that it could also include a tour of a station? I expect between 20 - 25
people to attend and the meeting will probably last from about 11.00 am  to
about 4.00 p.m..  (If you can host the meeting, please reply to
beth at commedia.org.uk as I am off next week.)

Some feedback from the last meeting suggested that future meetings should be
more structured, which makes sense now that we all had an opportunity to
find out about the other stations.

Agenda items that occur to me are:
* the response to the draft communications bill (due in to the government on
2 August 2002)
* copyright
* what happens after the year long license comes to an end

and I welcome any other suggestions.

The access radio meetings are set up to support networking and information
exchange between the access radio groups, so please let me know what would
be useful to you. I could also invite speakers ( for instance Soo Williams,
Anthony Everett, someone from PPL or PRS) if you would find this useful

Let me (or Beth) know what you think

best wishes
Nicky Edmonds

               Please reply to nicky at commedia.org.uk

            15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield S1 2BX
         Tel +44 (O) 114 279 5219  F + 44 (0) 114 279 8976
   http://www.commedia.org.uk
     CMA is secretariat for the Local Independent Television Network
   http://www.litn.org.uk