[CMA_Radioforum] FW: Community Access Radio

Michelle McGuire michelle at commedia.org.uk
Mon Apr 15 15:42:05 BST 2002

Forwarded From: "Helen Khera" <helenkhera at hotmail.com>
----------

Dear Michelle
I am very pleased to inform you that The Panjabi Centre has started test
transmission as Desi Radio  on
1602AM since 1.30pm Saturday, 13th April. The group has been working round
the clock as we were very determined to bring the station on air in time for
Vaisakhi, which falls on 13th April. As you know, Vaisakhi is one of the
most important festival events in the Panjabi calendar as it is not only the
celebration of the Harvest Festival, but also the Panjabi New Year. Hooray!
We will let you know when we formally launch the station, which will be
sometime in May.
Best wishes
Amarjit