[CMA_Radioforum] RE: Press Release / Angel Radio

tony smith angelradio at 37.com
Tue Apr 2 15:19:38 BST 2002

PRESS RELEASE -
Pensioners in Hampshire jammed the switchboard of a local radio station, which plays only music recorded before 1960, when the station manager made a special 1st April announcement during the breakfast show, which is hosted by a lady in her 70s, to the effect that the Radio Authority had discovered a typing error on the radio station's licence. The error, which had evidently come to light on the morning of 1st April, was to the effect that the station, Angel Community Radio, was in fact NOT allowed to play any records made before 1960 and now had to change its music output to modern pop music. The station's Managing Director, Tony Smith, then handed the pensioner presenter a David Bowie CD, from which she played 'Rebel Rebel'. Another pop record was played while listeners phoned in to bitterly complain about the new music policy. The jest was halted when one listener phoned in in tears to say how awful she felt.
"A joke's a joke" said Mr Smith "But I instantly stopped when it became evident how much our little radio station with its gentle old gramophone records means to older people. To suddenly think they had lost it to the pop brigade was a real shock and I the last thing I wanted to do was upset any older person".

http://Game.37.com/  <--- Free Games
http://newJoke.com/   <---  J O K E S  ! ! !