[CMA_Radioforum] RAJAR figures

Sattar, Javed (UK07) javed.sattar at honeywell.com
Tue Nov 27 16:38:18 GMT 2001

Thanks Steve,

we at Awaz Fm enquired about RAJAR a couple of years ago and because we are
serving the Asian Community the numbers weren't big enough for them to make
it their worthwhile.

Although at the time we were more geared up for commercial.

Its one of those unanswered questions and the trend seams to be that we
stand better united than going individually.

On another note:

I think of all the groups we must be at the bottom of this learning curve of
community radio and suddenly underestimated the drastic turn in our
objectives. One of the things we want to do is Training, apart from CMA who
I know would be my best choice, I was wondering and if possible any
additional material which would be useful for us in terms of training
people.
We asked a few college here and they have their course in place like Radio
Broadcasting and Media. I am working on a possible partnership with at least
one but it might not be until next intake.

I look forward to anything you can give us.

thanks

Javed
Awaz Fm