[CMA_Radioforum] RAJAR figures

Steve Perry Steve.Perry at crossrhythms.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 16:20:02 GMT 2001

Sorry Guys,

Didn't realise that the list was plain text only and so the last message
was a bit of a jumble once the formatting had gone. Here is the plain
text version.

After our discussion during Monday's Access Radio Forum about RAJAR
figures and how to become a part of them I read this on the RAJAR
website.

"How do I become a subscriber?
For radio stations that wish to join the survey, there is a rate card of
prices, which is based on the size of the TSA (Total Survey Area). There
are two entry points per year, January and July. Prices can be obtained
by contacting RAJAR on 020 7903 5350 or email us at info at rajar.co.uk.
For non-broadcast subscribers there are different subscription levels
depending on the level of data access required. Full details can be
obtained by contacting RAJAR as above."

Bearing in mind our conversations about PRS and PPL and sticking
together is it best if just one person approaches RAJAR to see if they
might do a special deal for access stations who wish to take part?
Also on a similar line there is the issue of News Services. Currently
IRN's service is free and provides bulletin's, sound bites and text
feeds for stations. Also now Sky News are doing a similar service which
they charge for. Again it would be good to enquire whether there might
be a consistent policy to all of us who want to take part.

I would be quite happy to draft an e-mail up in both of these cases or
perhaps it would be better for Lawrie to do it.

See what you think.

Steve Perry
Cross Rhythms