[cma-l] DATA

Canalside Community Radio Ltd office at canalsideradio.net
Fri May 4 12:17:07 BST 2018

Dear All

I'm not sure if there has been a discussion on this or not because I may
have dozed off and missed it, so forgive on that one ... This new malarkey
on the legal front regarding permission to contact people / using old data
and information.

How will this affect us ?      the way I see it, it could affect us in a big
way.

We are currently getting inundated with request for us to fill in forms
giving people permission to contact us ... in fact the e-mails are coming
through like they are being fired from a Tommy Gun       I think the cut-
off date for this is 8th June ???    after that, if you haven't implemented
it one could be in a pickle. I am attempting here to keep the Greased Pig
firmly in his Sty.

It is a fact that for some bizarre reason Radio gets an Avalanche of folk
contacting them when something is free, and freeloaders run amok .. But when
it comes to paid for advertising, we have to do the running and the donkey
work.

I know Magazines / TV / Internet have a similar issue because the
Advertising agencies / Companies contact the Businesses and very rarely they
contact us. In fact, if it was left to people contacting us   (ie:- all of
us and not just Canalside)      then we'd have been dead and buried long ago
and the Greased Pig would have hit the chequered flag back in 2005.

Unless of course some of our gang can enlighten me any different -----------
do we have any of our Stations who are flying so well that the Community /
Businesses actually contact them in their droves. Personally I think not,
but I could be mistaken ...... I step back in amazement and bow if this is
the case

Information on this data law please ???             much appreciated

Nicholas H Dumpty

Canalside Community Radio Ltd.

Canal 2B,

Clarence Mill,