[cma-l] the wonders

Canalside Community Radio Ltd office at canalsideradio.net
Fri Mar 16 10:44:17 GMT 2018

It was a whimsy      if that’s what you call it Martin. Sadly I don’t do whimsy ……. I do facts and observations and looking back over the last 15 Years can back every single one of them up. Trouble is you don’t get the opportunity as microphones get switched off for fear of upsetting the Ivory Towers crew.

I’m trying to stick up for everyone even though one or two may not wish me to. I merely say what many are thinking. I have no doubt about that because I get told so (by many)

I always try to do it with a smile as I am actually that type of chap, I stick up for the underdog     (us)     and yes    those who have failed us regardless whether they like it or not, get told. I sincerely hope they are professional enough and big enough to take on the chin and take it in the manner it is meant. If they can’t, they ought not be in those positions.

Yes, the top bit is a bit of humour, the bottom bit is a whimsy              if the big-wigs fixed the issues then there would be no wallowing or whimsys from me, in fact there would praise and adulation (as I’m quite good at that as well)       trouble is, I haven’t seen much to praise over the past 15 Years.

Even Ed Vaizey added in Doms interview that a Radio Fund of about £6 Million in the bigger picture and wider scheme of things was a drop in the Ocean      I’ve been whimsying on that for years. £15,000 pounds for each Station to pay core costs each year spent ON core costs keeps the Voluntary mindset boogie bus bouncing along. What do we have ?? £395.000 quid for 300 Radio Stations ?????       surely folk with all their degrees and diplomas and Uni qualifications can work out that somehow that doesn’t work  ???          I’m a working class lad from a Northern Town and the only level I left school with was a spirit level, my maths are not good, but even I can work that one out …….. !

Instead, Mr Ivory Towers (1) from the DCMS has a wine and dine with Mr Ivory Towers (2) from the BBC a couple of years ago and miraculously plucks £8 Million out of the air for ‘’’apparent’’’ Community Journalists              as Jim Royle would say    ‘’Community Journalists my ****’’                      I think they insulted every man and jack in our sector. Best of it is, we don’t have full access to that news or even any access in some cases and certainly daren’t broadcast it. Unless of course I have got that wrong as well.

I also won’t have any lectures from Mr Ivory Tower on insults and or rudeness as I happen to be a very polite person …….. but, I don’t suffer being taking for a ride or an idiot though, which I believe the authorities have done with us.

What I will say Martin is I very much respect your reply, I really do because at least it is dialogue       not everyone agrees with me, perhaps no one agrees with me …. Sadly the facts are, if that is the case that’s why we’re in the pickle we are in

Here’ s a question for everyone (I have been asking it for 2 years to no avail)    how are   WCRFM and all the other Community Radio Stations going to afford DAB ???       I’m all ears, because at the moment we can’t afford a Yogurt carton and a piece of string. And most recently over the past 12 months 3 or is 4 have gone wallop with another 3 having take overs and still it’s not working and plenty bobbing about in the water and treading water if you talk to the folk who are open and honest and stop brushing the problems under the carpet because of pride ….. they always say    pride befor e a fall.

At least if nothing else, I know for a fact that my ‘whimsys’ have given folk who represent us a wider view and picture and the blinkers are off

regards

Nick

Canalside Community Radio Ltd.

Canal 2B,