[cma-l] ARIAS

Resonance104.4fm info at resonancefm.com
Tue Sep 19 12:31:59 BST 2017

I stand corrected. I should of course have said no one outside prison can
hear it; and apologise for insensibly and stupidly causing offence in my
hasty effort to be merely provocative. I maintain, though, that this is the
handle by which the Academy currently grasps community media: as inward
looking, cordoned off, remote from the world of cocaine-encrusted
tablecloths and shiny suited pseuds. Superior, perhaps, but definitely in
the distance.
But criticism, I suspect, is made more or less impossible in such
circumstances: surely only a killjoy would want to suggest there is
something deeply solipsistic - and paternalistic - in the attitude at the
heart of the Academy and the ARIAS.
As you will have gathered, I am that killjoy.

Resonance104.4fm
144 Borough High Street
London SE1 1LB
UK