[cma-l] Local News Partnership

Canalside's Thread events guide for NE Cheshire office at thethread.org.uk
Mon May 22 16:59:13 BST 2017

I think the 100% word you are looking for Nigel is     ‘’’balls-up’’’ !           with the prefix   ‘’yet another’’   in front of it.

Martin / Bill      When we have the Community Radio awards this year in September, could I suggest another category please --- ??                     the [How to insult people award ?]          the Ivory Towers brigade who we have had to deal with over the past 15 years would win it hands down.

You know my feelings on all of this. The suggestions, the schemes, the rules, the regulations the general ethos and mannerisms towards our sector have at best been patronising and at worst downright insulting.

We have had our intelligence insulted, we’re third fiddle, we’re a nonentity, but the moment they want to roll something out that blows a bit of smoke up our backside (just to keep us interested ) they do so. And we keep falling for it ….

People on this message board can have their own opinions, and if it’s OK with everyone, I’ll keep mine. I’ll cease to be hostile towards these people when they start treating our sector with a bit of respect. I’ll be decent with anyone if they are decent with me … I’m sick of having the p                  1                   *          *  taken out of us.

This is how I see it ------------- I jumped on this right from the outset as I smelt a Rat. £8 Million appeared from nowhere, we weren’t included. In fact apart from the original Community Radio Fund, which has gone downhill faster than a greased Pig)  we ain’t had a sausage.

This project would at least be half acceptable if what Nigel suggests was available. The way I see it it isn’t available. Stipulations are in place for the actual ‘’’doing’’’ and ‘’’delivering’’’ of this      ie:- tenders   etc     and quite frankly I have more chance of becoming Prime Minister than Canalside has of dropping one of these Journalists.

The way I read it was you had to prove certain things to a level way up and beyond what the majority of us could do ..so obviously we are excluded on the First Hurdle. We’re never even going to get to the second Hurdle

We don’t want the Journalists we just want the news. I thought the idea of this was to get more coverage    ‘get it out there’   as they say     if that is the case, then you don’t exclude people.

I would also argue if you want LOCAL News out there, one of the best ways to do so would be to FURNISH the LOCAL Community Station with News and Information.

I wouldn’t mind but that £8 Million some of it is my money !   I pay my fee.

On a personal note ---- I can report news as good as the next bloke …. I don’t need to have gone to University or Journalist School. If you’ve got a bit of oil in your can and you know the rules     where’s the problem ?

Can we stop going to meetings with these characters, can we stop hob-knobbing with em and give em the one fingered salute until the day comes when they decide to treat our sector with a bit of respect.

I thought this yet again would be a nice simple process …. They stump up the money --- they get the experts in, they sit in a hub somewhere and feed the news out to ALL of us. Where is the issue ?      the experts get the news, deliver it and we feed it to the masses or as the Ivory Towers brigade think   ‘one man and his Dog’

One final thing ---- if the concern is it might not be delivered correctly ------------any Numpty can go and buy two newspapers and then make a complete Horlicks of the report ---- that’s life             if it’s wrong you’ll get dealt with by Ofcom.

Just saying it as I see it Ladies and Chaps … in laymans terms. By all means shoot me down in flames ---- trouble is, I don’t think you’ll be able to because like most other things there’s always an element of truth and hell of a lot of ‘’’factuals’’’

Keep smiling everyone, keep beavering away, keep on keepin’ on ……. Every Dog has its Day.

Regards

Professor Nicholas H Dumpty