[cma-l] Small Scale DAB Meeting

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Mar 27 12:39:17 BST 2017

Good afternoon

Thank you for the positive feedback all. I think we can all agree that it
was an incredibly useful day. Thank you to all who attended.

The Powerpoint slides are now available online here:

Agenda slides:

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/agenda-ssdab-
   community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/agenda-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

Lucinda Guy - Beautiful Radio:

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/beautiful-radio-
   ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/beautiful-radio-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

Peter Madry - Building a Licensing Framework

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/licensing-small-
   scale-dab-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/licensing-small-scale-dab-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

Steve Buckley - Ownership and the Economics of SSDAB

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/ownership-and-
   economics-of-ssdab-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/ownership-and-economics-of-ssdab-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

Ash Elford - Angel Radio

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/angel-radio-
   presentation-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/angel-radio-presentation-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

David Duffy - Niocast

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/niocast-
   presentation-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/niocast-presentation-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

Susi Maxwell-Stewart - Brighton & Hove Community Radio

   - https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/brighton-hove-
   community-radio-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future
   <https://www.slideshare.net/CMA_Slides/brighton-hove-community-radio-ssdab-community-radio-past-present-future>

There may be audio recording(s) available of the speakers. We are just
looking into that now.

Many thanks to DCMS for their support of this event. And thank you again to
Broadcast Radio and The Radio Hub for sponsorship.

For attendees, there is an evaluation survey to complete online here:
http://bit.ly/SSDAB2017

Ian O'Neill of DCMS advised that there will be a short Consultation on
SSDAB after the consultation on commercial radio deregulation has concluded
so watch this space for news of further developments.

All the best for now

Bill
--
Operations Manager