[cma-l] Sky/Fox Radio News

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Mon Mar 20 15:04:15 GMT 2017

On a serious note              I think we have to remember the nitty gritty here and go back to what we were actually talking about. In my opinion (possibly not worth a lot)             there are only two types of Community Radio Listener :-

Listener Number One enjoys the music (obviously)   the diversity that we provide plus the steady Eddie stuff  /  plus (+) [being the key word here] and the Local Community News PLUS (+) National News

Listener Number Two likes the variety and diversity of the Music we play and couldn’t give a flying cactus about what Teresa May or Jeremy Corbin is doing nor whether the Local Council are going to collect the Green Bins on Fridays or on a fortnightly rotation …… they don’t care.

There are no other Community Radio listeners …….. if anyone thinks there are, then you’ve gotten something completely off-piste.

In Nutshell, if you decide to run News, give em at least 2 Mins of National and maybe 2 – 3 Mins of Local. I don’t think Local works without the National. The two go hand in hand.

Nick ‘Honeycombe’ Bosanquet