[cma-l] Invitation of applications for community radio licences

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Jul 18 14:07:57 BST 2017

Hi

Applications are invited from a limited number of areas from which an
Expression of Interest has been received.

Ofcom advises that there is a shortage of suitable FM frequencies in many
areas and therefore cannot guarantee the availability of suitable frequency
resources to meet the needs of any applicant.

*England*

   - Barton upon Humber, Barrow upon Humber, East Halton and surrounding
   areas of Lincolnshire
   - Birkenhead, Wirral
   - Birmingham and Sandwell
   - Bradford
   - Bristol
   - Coventry
   - Eastleigh, Hampshire
   - Farnborough, Fleet and Yateley in Hampshire and Camberley in Surrey
   - *Greenwich, Lewisham and Tower Hamlets, London
   - Harlow, Essex and surrounding areas
   - Kirklees
   - Leeds
   - Leicester
   - *London Borough of Croydon
   - *London Borough of Tower Hamlets
   - Milton Keynes
   - Newcastle and Gateshead
   - Norwich
   - Nottingham
   - Reading and surrounding areas of Berkshire and north Hampshire
   - Moss Side, Hulme & surrounding areas of south central Manchester
   - *South east London
   - *Tottenham/Haringey, London
   - Waterlooville, Hampshire
   - Wolverhampton and Dudley

*NB It is unlikely that Ofcom will find additional frequencies for sites in
the areas asterisked.

*Northern Ireland*

   - Ards and North Down
   - Belfast