[cma-l] studio air conditioning

Martyn Haynes martyn.haynes at wcrfm.com
Fri Jul 14 17:58:00 BST 2017

I hadn't thought about electricity cost. Thankfully we're in a good
position where we don't have to worry about power usage - which is
good given the amount of units we have (4 studios plus talks room) all
of which are old and almost certainly power hungry compared to newer
units!

Worth considering if you're on a meter though!

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Alex Gray, Two Lochs Radio
<tlr at gairloch.co.uk> wrote:
> I agree with you about the desirability of keeping the gear cool Phil, but what about the electricity cost? Have you assessed that?
>
> When I last looked, a small split conditioner in typical circumstances would cost at least £200 a year run, possibly double that. Worth bearing in mind the efficiency of the chosen air conditioner, as its electrical cost could easily outweigh its purchase cost in a couple of years.
>
> Alex

Martyn Haynes
Director

101.8 WCR FM
www.wcrfm.com

Wolverhampton Community Radio Training (WCRT)
Newhampton Centre
Wolverhampton
WV1 4AP

Office: 01902 572260