[cma-l] Manipulation of PI Codes for CR audience transit

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 09:50:57 GMT 2017

You might find this advice from Ofcom interesting:

AF listings may only be implemented for associated programming and therefore cannot be used for this purpose.

Regional Linking is implemented by the hex number 3 in  the 2nd nibble of the hex PI Code and this may not be used for single transmitter services.
Using the same 3rd and 4th hex digits as another station is termed Generic Linking.
If you wish to implement generic linking without AF listing we can issue alternative PI codes for your station and the other(s) with which you wish to link but we would require them to also request this in writing along with confirmation that they understand the implications of doing so.

Ian Hickling

Partner

[https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/2SkDsnIzSZgRbNnNKBSiwxiFhFQWRGV55mTjVL23fulnJpstZmYxeKrrYefY4qxiSgkMrAETld64XINLXCsujE_zI5gAsQyWeCWvHixcrNYtar3Sij4YlVBgN2NSQ-n2DsgZvrnpWZlfwCQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.transplanuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/transplan_UK_weblogo_190x60.png]<http://www.transplanuk.com/>

Office: 016 3557 8435  (07h to 22h GTS)

Car: 075 3098 0115 (only responds when driving)

6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS