[cma-l] Licensing and VAT

Martin Steers martin.steers at scoutradio.org.uk
Wed Jan 4 09:40:02 GMT 2017

Hi Geoff,

I would imagine it might be a head scratcher...

I am no legal or accounting (vat) expert so forgive me for getting terms or
names incorrect.

I suspect with Ofcom because its a statutory it doesnt incur vat..

However with PPL and PRS, for lack of a better word its a private or
commercial license so I suspect HMRC / "Vat man" has decided that it should
incur vat.

If in doubt thats what VAT accountants get paid lots of money to answer..

Martin

-
*Martin Steers | Scout Radio*
Team Leader

t: 07950 967111
s: martin_steers
e: martin.steers at scoutradio.org.uk
w: www.scoutradio.org.uk
This email should not be forwarded, copied or shared in any way with anyone
except the person to whom it is addressed. The views, opinions, conclusions
and other information expressed in this electronic mail are not given or
endorsed by Scout Radio unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message