[cma-l] Thank you

Martin Steers martin.steers at commedia.org.uk
Wed Feb 1 14:45:09 GMT 2017

Hiya Nick,

To be honest I wasnt sure if my email was working it had all gone so
quiet.. (or was that welcome relief!)

I think its fantastic stuff and I think its a great opportunity that James
has created for the sector.

For those that have not seen or heard, James Cridland (Media.info) has been
tinkering away to look at the difference between Twitter/Facebook/TuneIn
and how it correlates with Rajar etc and how that could be used for
community / other radio.

In such for those stations that have put those details on media.info it can
then calculate weekly listeners, and I think its fantastic for the sector.

Nicks station for example is here:
https://media.info/radio/stations/canalside-community-radio/listening-figures
and the page talks about how it works etc.

Is your station on Media.info? if not then head to the page to get it added
and also I would also recommend keeping it up to date. I know that PR and
advertising people do use it as a resource for working out who is around.

Martin

On 1 February 2017 at 14:15, Canalside's The Thread <office at thethread.org.uk