[cma-l] Thank you

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Feb 1 14:15:26 GMT 2017

Dear All

I have been off-radar for a week or so with the dreaded lurgy ... laid up in
bed for two days     (at least it shut me up)       I am just catching up
today.

A couple of our team have pointed me towards something that James (Cridland)
has been doing. I'm not sure whether this is ongoing material or done and
dusted material, but it is very very good indeed.

I know James and myself haven't seen eye to eye on a number of things over
the years (more to do with style than anything else)   but I think he should
be applauded for this work and these figures.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is tying in with the National Advertising
malarkey I take it ????

I / We have been doing our own research here for many years now. We have
applied different methods and have always landed between 12,000 and 14,000
listeners .... James's theory plonks us at 13,500 ---- I think we are in the
ball park area and this is in my opinion an excellent '''confirmation'''

If you now apply this to Bills National Campaign, any agency that turns down
an opportunity to advertise with Community Radio looking at the collective
numbers of all our Stations seriously needs the tin helmet and electrode
treatment   :)

The downside of course in all of this is if history runs true to form in the
Community Radio Bill then the bonkers way will rise to the top as common
sense went out the window a long time ago.

Anyway    nuff said

Well done James      a big Thank you from everyone at this end

Regards