[cma-l] Fwd: Connecting communities: towards open, free and sustainable citizen communication

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Apr 20 12:30:30 BST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Comunidades Conectadas <comunidadesconectadas at gmail.com>

To whom it may concern,

It is a pleasure for the University of the Americas from Quito, Ecuador to
greet the distinguished organizations, associations and professionals of
this list. We want to inform you that the symposium ‘‘Connecting
communities: towards open, free and sustainable citizen communication’’
will be carried out on July 24 through July 25 of 2017. The event is being
arranged jointly by: the Ecuadorian chapter of the German organization
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES); the Latin American Faculty of Social
Sciences in Ecuador; Bournemouth University of the United Kingdom; the
University of the Americas and more high-profile institutions.

The symposium aims to provide opportunities for practitioners, indigenous
communities and academics to share experiences, interdisciplinary
theoretical and methodological tools, and best practices in relation to
digital technologies, community media, and the documentation of indigenous
languages and cultures.

The following link provides further information on the symposium and the
English version of the call for papers:

[image:
http://www.fes-ecuador.org/news-list/e/comunidades-conectadas-hacia-una-comunicacion-ciudadana-abierta-libre-y-sostenible/]
<http://www.fes-ecuador.org/news-list/e/comunidades-conectadas-hacia-una-comunicacion-ciudadana-abierta-libre-y-sostenible/>
It would be quite helpful if you could inform your network of contacts
about the event; we are hoping to be joined by active and ethnically
diverse participants to take part in the debate. On-site translation will
be provided in the two-day event. If you require further information, do
not hesitate to reach us at this email.

Furthermore, the University of the Americas and Bournemouth University will
also carry out a summer course that will examine the use of digital
technologies, community media, and other relevant themes. We think that
this course would also be of your interest. The following link provides
further details on the course:

http://www.udla.edu.ec/udla-bournemouth-university-summer-sc
hool-digital-communication-and-community-organization/

--
Cheryl Martens, Phd

Profesora investigadora/Lecturer
Carrera de Periodismo/Journalism Major
Facultad de Comunicación y Artes Audiovisuales/Faculty of Communication and
Audiovisual Arts
Universidad de Las Américas/University of the Americas
Quito, Ecuador: 3970000 (939)