[cma-l] MKFM shortlisted for Milton Keynes Inspirational Award

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Apr 3 13:06:28 BST 2017

Milton Keynes local radio station MKFM has been shortlisted as one of five
for the ‘Most Charitable Business’ award at The MK Inspirational Awards
2017.

The awards are taking place at Jury's Inn Milton Keynes on 10th June and
are set to be a spectacular red carpet event. Organisers say the event will
give recognition to inspirational and established individuals and groups
from the local area.

In addition, four of the five nominees for ‘Best Radio Presenter’ at the
awards are currently working with MKFM.

Over the last five years, MKFM has attended over 500 local events and has
helped raise over £1 million for local charities. The station continues to
promote local events on our website and on air for free in addition to
running regular interviews with local charities.

Darren Dorrington, Managing Director at MKFM said “We are delighted to be
shortlisted for this award. Over the last five years we must have attended
almost every main event in Milton Keynes and have helped raise some
much-needed funds for so many great causes.”

“We are also delighted to launch one of our biggest ever community
challenges in April with a target of collecting 50,000 tins of food for the
MK Food Bank. Winning the award would be great recognition for our team who
have given up their time to support our community.”

Voting for the awards is now open via Facebook at mkfm.com/vote.

You can comment ‘MKFM for Most Charitable Business’ on the post to vote for
the radio station.

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video